Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chest Thump

I am man.

A strange thing happened to me when I found out Andrea was pregnant; I was overcome with a sense of sublime confidence that I’ve never experienced before. At the risk of sounding crass, impregnating my wife was the greatest affirmation of my masculinity in my life. I wanted to flex, strut, and lift heavy things. I had lived up to my fullest biological potential, and I was proud to be a man!

That confidence is still with me. I have a boat-load of insecurities, but I also have a cool assurance that I can take on challenging things, like finding a job, and being a good father. I can only hope that this confidence increase exponentially with every child. Andrea, lets make tons of babies, if only so I can feel better about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment