Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Babies Everywhere

I notice children more frequently. I look at their faces and their mannerisms and wonder how my child is going to act. What kind of personality is he or she going to have, and to what degree will I influence that personality? And if I do have a big influence on this kid’s personality, what if I turn him or her into a jerk? A big anti-social dummy? That’s a lot of responsibility. So that’s the question. How do I prevent my kid from being a dork? Some things I will be sure to teach little Merlin(da) in no particular order:

  • To not write a check in the grocery store check-out line when people are behind you. It’s terribly annoying.
  • To not be a know-it-all like his or her dad. People hate that.
  • To read lots of good books.
  • To listen to lots of good music.
  • To wear comfortable shoes.
  • To drive in the snow
  • To not be impatient and irritated with the old lady writing a check in the grocery store check-out line.

That ought to do it for now. Just succeeding at half of these things would make Merlin(da) a terrific person!

No comments:

Post a Comment